8 Top Fixes For An Unsatisfying Life
Deciding you have an unsatisfying life may not be easy, but it’s an excellent first step that will lead you toward the path you’ve always wanted to take.
So, if you seek to repair some things in your life, consider these steps:
- Get specific regarding what you’re disappointed about. Jot down the details of what bugs you.
- For example, if you’re disturbed about your home’s condition (unorganized or messy), write it down. If you feel down because you never got the training or education you wanted, put that on the list, too. List it all on individual 7×5 lined memo cards. I always use those because I can carry them around.
- The purpose of this step is to identify the things that you find difficult to accept about your life. This list provides you with a blueprint of what to work on to discover the life you want.
- Come up with solid solutions for each of the items on your list. If you’re annoyed with the mess in your home, write down what you can do in the short term to feel better about it. Do the same with each item.
- These solutions will guide you in your quest to live a more optimistic, satisfying life.
- Begin working toward some of your solutions today. Once you make a good start, you’ll be motivated to continue.
- Keeping with the same examples, get some boxes and garbage bags and work on getting your living room in shape.
- Make some calls to the local schools to see what coursework they offer in the field you’re interested in. Better yet, visit their websites and you can see for yourself the course offerings, length of training, and costs.
- Refuse to let anything or anyone stop you from changing your life. Commit to yourself and your future. Acknowledge that you’re worth the effort to achieve your goals.
- Remind yourself that you can do it. You have what it takes to move your life in the direction you want to go. Each day, be positive. Tell yourself you can do it.
- Rally support. Who do you have in your life that will be supportive of your positive efforts to re-vamp your life? A parent or sibling, friend, neighbor, or even a co-worker might be inclined to motivate and encourage you to follow through.
- Consider your life’s journey an adventure. Keep in mind that some journeys are bumpy. Some are scary. But when you start to move toward your goals, you’ll recognize you’re beginning to love the adventure.
- Live according to your core personal values. Your personal core values are there to guide your behavior and choices. Intelligent people use personal core values to select friendships, relationships and business partnerships. Your core values also help you manage your key personal resources such as time and money. What are your core values? Freedom? Love? Peace? Confidence? The My Life Changes tracker helps you define your core values. Start today!
Live according to your core personal values. Your personal core values are there to guide your behavior and choices. Intelligent people use personal core values to select friendships, relationships and business partnerships. Your core values also help you manage your key personal resources such as time and money. What are your core values? Freedom? Love? Peace? Confidence? The My Life Changes tracker helps you define your core values. Start today!
The great news is that you have the power to repair your life however you like. If you identify specific areas that disappoint you, you can then generate solutions to correct them. When you start putting solutions into play and refuse to let anything stop you from fixing your life, you’ll move ahead with gusto.
Keep in mind you can do anything you set your mind to. Seek support from your friends and family. Most importantly, approach your plan to fix your life with a true sense of adventure. When you carry out these steps, you’ll see that anything is possible. Yes, you can fix your life!
- 14 Ways To Rejuvenate Your Passions This Spring
- Where The Hell Did Your Time Go? Learn How to Get It Back Now!