Create Habits That Are Important And Make You Happy
Are you doing the things in life that are most important to you? Are you doing the things that make you happy? That bring you joy?
What are the habits or rituals that give your life the most meaning and purpose?
The more you put your habits on autopilot the easier life gets. Think about it.
In my life I have a number of important habits that are automatic for me.
- I don’t keep sugary snacks in the house because I don’t buy them at the grocery store.
- I listen to self development audio books in the morning traffic because it keeps me calm and I learn something new every day.
- I try to write in my blog every day because I believe that the meaning of life IS to give something back. And if you are reading this I’m giving.
- I bring a banana, yogurt and keep dried apricots at my desk because every bite I put in my mouth will affect my future health.
- I listen to meditation tracks every morning because I want the day to begin in a mindful and calm way.
- I have regular automatic deposits of money into my retirement fund because I don’t wish to worry about money later in life.
- I envision my dream life every day so I am always driving towards it.
I don’t really have to think about these habits, they automatically happen.
What automatic rituals or habits can you develop to distract you from negative temptations? What kinds of immediate gratifications are stressing you out? Are you over eating? Over spending?
Get your healthy habits on autopilot.
Take control of your life.
- 5 Lessons I’ve Learned About Blogging
- Now! How To Make A Life Change Stick