What Is The Meaning Of Life?
I’ve placed heaps of stress on myself lately. The burning question is why? To what end is all this leading to? I have quantified most of my efforts with a quest for personal financial freedom, but what happens after that?
Then along comes a book called, Three Cups Of Tea.
This is one of the most inspirational books I’ve read. What Greg Mortenson has done to set up 61 schools in Afghanistan and Pakistan and bring radically different cultures together is more than what most governments have ever done.
This book also reinforces my philosophies that:
1. What is the meaning of life? We are all here to give something back.
2. It isn’t a God that makes this world a better place, it is people.
3. Education is the root of erasing ignorance.
4. People living with just the basics can be happier than the richest people in the world.
5. Living in harmony with nature is a key to saving the earth and all its inhabitants.
There is no point to my own self induced stress. It is completely meaningless. It doesn’t mean that I should become a monk and live in a cave. It only means that having satisfied my basic human needs my greatest satisfactions will come from building meaningful relationships with family, friends and of course nature.
Once I have reached financial freedom I will give something back.
But interestingly enough perhaps I already have financial freedom. It’s all in my mind.
So now I will choose how I will give something back. Because THAT in a nutshell – is the meaning of life.
What do you think the meaning of life is?
- A Simple Strategy To Start Meditating Right Now
- There Is No Excuse For Not Living The Dream