Where The Hell Did Your Time Go? Learn How to Get It Back Now!
You subconsciously KNOW that there are 168 hours in a week, but you often feel confused about where they all go. Use this list to help you get started figuring it all out. Which habits could you improve and which habits do you want to throw out today? Your habits are the foundation for living the life of your dreams.
Habits You Want to Keep And Grow
- Sleep. Sleep Sleep! Eight hours is still a good rule for most adults. Test to see if you function just as well on seven or six hours.
- Eat well every day. Invent your own fast food. Cook chili in batches and freeze single servings. Turn salads into a balanced meal by adding beans or slices of chicken breast. Be creative!
- Reduce your commute time. Working and commuting take up a big chunk of most people’s lives. Depending on your situation, moving closer to work or telecommuting could free up some of that time. Imagine saving an hour a day of commuting! That could be 5 hours a week which equals 260 hours of more free time a year!
- Clean your house. Smart housekeeping goes a long way. Less clutter means less dust. Get in the habit of cleaning a little each day. Wipe the refrigerator down while your coffee brews.
- Groom yourself. Except for showering and brushing your teeth, most routines are optional. Use fewer products and get an easy care haircut. How you look in the office goes a long way! Sloppiness will not impress your bosses or peers.
- Exercise regularly. An active lifestyle may extend your life, so why skimp here? Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week. You could save some time by integrating exercise into your other daily routines, like taking the stairs, walking at lunch and parking further away.
- Learn new things. Lifelong learning is worth the investment. Take a business class, download books, listen to audio books during your drive in or visit a natural history museum.
- Pursue your hobby or passion. Time devoted to creativity and favorite activities pays off. Schedule time for yourself just as you schedule your other important appointments. Your hobby or passion CAN transform into a successful business if you set your mind to it!
- Connect with loved ones. Relationships with family and friends are the #1 key to our wellbeing. Build a strong support network and take time to share experiences together. Have a dinner party or drinks at least once every two weeks with friends.
- Engage in spiritual practices. If you belong to a specific faith tradition, you know which teachings you aspire to live by. Whatever your beliefs, you can focus on values that give your life purpose. Learn to love Mother Earth and all its inhabitants.
Habits You Need To Cut Back On Right Away
- Check your messages less often. Set a limit on how often you check emails and voicemails. Twice a day may be all you need. Stop allowing emails from other people to control your life!
- Turn off the freaking TV. Leave the TV off except for when you intend to watch a program you truly love. It will cut down on numb and dumb channel surfing.
- Get off the freaking Internet. It’s easy to get carried away with browsing, social media or the latest online games. Calculate how much time you ideally want to spend online and gradually cut back until you meet your goals. How much DO YOU NEED? An hour a day? What about all the nature just outside your door?
- Abandon nonproductive thinking. Catch yourself when you start to feel anxious or angry. Consider whether the event is worth your attention and if there is anything you can really do about it. Pretty soon you may be enjoying an audio book rather than fuming about traffic jams.
- Simplify your errands. Do you find yourself making repeat trips to the supermarket because you forgot one item? Plan your weekly errands in advance so you cover everything you need with less driving time. Stop wasting gas! Use your dusty bike!
- Don’t buy into the consumer culture. Stop shopping like a fool. Each new possession means you are going to need to take care of it. Think about whether it’s more important for you to spend time with your family and friends or own all the latest kitchen gadgets, clothes or electronics.
Managing your time and habits effectively will help you lead a happier and more meaningful life. Use these tips to free up your schedule for activities that make your heart happy!
- 8 Top Fixes For An Unsatisfying Life
- Meditations To Bring Peace, Set Goals, Repeat Good Behaviors And Evaluate Your Life.